Top simple rules for a healthy living
Finding peace and quiet in today’s 24-hour society can be tricky but a simple method could help boost your productivity, it is claimed.
The 10-3-2-1-0 formula can help you sleep better, feel good in the morning and increase productivity at work. With the formula encapsulating much of the advice given by a number of health experts for better sleep.
The 10-3-2-1-0 formula
• 10 hours before bed: No more caffeine
• 3 hours before bed: No more food or alcohol
• 2 hours before bed: No more work
• 1 hour before bed: No more screen time
• 0: The number of times you hit the snooze button in the morning
“The single most important factor in winning your mornings and owning your days is to get up 15 minutes early and work on your first priority before anyone else is awake. It’s that simple,” he explains.
“When you follow this formula, you’ll get more done and stop letting the big opportunities in your life slip away.”
Tips for getting a better night’s sleep on your bed with a pet, starting work at 10am and enjoying a warm cup of cocoa.
The 4-7-8 technique
• Breathe in through your nose quietly to a count of 4
• Hold your breath for a count of seven
• Blow air out through your mouth for a count of 8, making a ‘whoosh’ sound
• Repeat the process three more times