Home Remedies for acne
Skin is that layer which protects to from all the bacteria, germs, pollution and harmful UV rays from entering in to our skin. Acne is one of the most common problems faced today. Acne may develop due to various reasons like hormonal imbalance, dehydration, stress, hereditary or due to poor hygiene. It is very important to take care of it as acne might spread and make it even worse. Here are few home remedies to help you treat acne.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This magic liquid helps you reduce acne in no time. Apple cider vinegar helps the skin balance its pH levels and reduces the bacteria on the skin making less acne prone. Depending on your skin type, mix the apple cider vinegar with water. If your skin is too oily then use less water to dilute the vinegar and if your skin is more towards being dry, dilute it more with water. Take a cotton ball dip it in to the solution and apply it on to your affected areas. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it off.
2. Tooth paste/ Mouth Wash:
You have suddenly developed an acne and dint know how to get a quick fix? Use either a tooth paste or a mouth wash on the acne and let it be there for 10 minutes and wash it off. Use a Q tip and apply it on affected area to avoid any bacteria spreading all over.
3. Tea tree oil:
It has natural inflammatory properties. It helps in removing extra sebum and dead cells and clears the unblocked pores. It also has anti-bacterial properties which helps the skin stay clean. Tea tree oil works wonders when used in combination with witch hazel.
4. Lemon Juice:
Lemon being rich in vitamin C helps really well in exfoliating the skin. It acts as an astringent and dries out the blemishes. Lemon is also known to brighten and lighten the skin boosting the natural glow.
5. Mint Leaves:
Feel that cool with mint. It consists of menthol which is anti-inflammatory and helps in reducing redness and reduces the pain that’s caused by acne. Take a handful of fresh mint leaves, crush up the leaves thoroughly. Extract the juice by blending it or squeezing it. Apply the juice on to your face and leave it for 5-10 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
6. Green tea: With anti-microbial and anti-oxidant properties, it helps fight acne. Take some green tea leaves and add it to boiling water. Let it cool down. Extract the water and use a spray bottle and spray it all over your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off.
7. Asprin Tablet: Salicylic acid in Asprin helps fight acne like none. It helps to dry up the pimples and reduce inflammation. Take some water and add it to the asprin tablet and make a semi thick consistency. Apply this paste on to the affected areas and leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
8. Aloe Vera: this acts as a cooling agent and also has some burn-relieving properties and promotes healing, fight infection and reduce the scars. You can either use fresh aloe Vera from the plant or use patanjali aloe Vera gel which also works just fine.
9. Omega-3 fatty acid tablets/Safi blood purifier: This multi-nutrient capsule contains fish oil which helps in reducing acne. Also there is a product called Safi in the market which is a blood purifier and helps in reducing acne.
10. Honey: This is that one ingredient available in everyone’s kitchen. Honey has anti-bacterial properties helps in fighting acne. You can either you honey directly on your face or make a mask of one cup of plain oat meal with half a cup of honey and leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off.
Few daily routine steps to take care of your skin.
1. Watch what you eat: Diet is very important. Make sure you eat healthy food and that will reflect on your skin. Make sure you balance your vitamins and proteins pretty well.
2. Wash your Face at least twice a day: It is important to keep your face clean and free from bacteria. Wash your face before sleeping and after waking up and keep up on that routine.
3. Change your pillow case and bedsheets often: Due to bacteria that will accumulate on the covers, there are chances that it might transfer on to your skin. So wash your pillow covers and bedsheets every now and then
4. Replace towels with Tissues: Germs on towel can transfer on to your skin and can promote acne. Use tissues as much as possible as you can use it and throw it off and this makes sure that your skin is bacteria free.
5. Drink lots of Water: Dehydration can cause acne. Make sure you drink enough water and stay hydrated.
6. Moisturize your skin: Dry skin and flaky patches are not a good sign. Keep your skin moisturized and that helps skin stay bright and nice.
7. Clean your makeup brushes: If you’re that person who uses make up pretty often then make sure you clean your brushes pretty well and keep them clean as bacteria from the brushes can increase your acne.
8. Choose the right products: Too much of chemicals can react to your skin and cause acne. Read the ingredients behind the product before buying it and make sure it matches your skin type.
9. Keep your hands and bangs away from your face: Many people have the habit of constantly touching their face. As we do not wash our hands so regularly, the germs might get transferred on to the skin and makes a way for the acne to develop. Bangs or fringes on the forehead can cause acne as the hair keeps falling on the forehead constantly and the bacteria on the hair can just cause pimples.